8 Feb 2011

Dorma Capri Bedlinen Review - Coastal Charm and Nautical Bedrooms

















A very stylish, elegant bedlinen set that suits a a nautical or coastal bedroom perfectly. The set comprises of duvet cover, matching pillows and a bedspread. Combined with other nautical objects, this set finishes off the room.


This particular style comes in blue polka dot or red polka dot. I bought the blue as I really liked the dark blue and white together. It is dark blue background with white polka dots and has a contrast blue and white piping. It isn't straight line stripes as I first thought but an interesting chain like design which looks really sophisticated.

Thr range consits of:
Dorma Capri Blue Collection Flat Sheet £26.99
Bedspread £99.99
Oxford Pillowcase £9.99 per pillow case
Cuffed Housewife Pillowcase £9.99 per pillow case
Duvet Cover £39.99
Boudoir Cushion Cover £9.99

The thread count is 300, making it super soft, I couldn't stop touching it when I bought it. I still can't!
The whole set is machine washable and can be tumble dried and ironed.

The prices are worth it for the thread count and the style alone. It's definately worth going for quality in this instance. The prices may be mid to high-end but look out for the sales and they are sold cheaper at New Year. I'm just gutted I don't have more bedrooms as I would have another set in the red polka dot.

Buy in-store or online at: Dunelm Mill

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/


As I am slowly renovating my bungalow, I will post pictures fo the whole look coming together, including the bedlinen set above.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of buying this bedding set but just wondered how it washed? Did it iron easily? I've previously had luxury bedding which looked lovely when it had just been washed and ironed (which was a chore in it's self) but creased terribly. Just googled it and found your wonderful blog (which i'm about to explore :)) and wondered if you could advise me.
    Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say this is absolutely gorgeous. I have the messiest bedroom, and as soon as I lay on the bedspread and place the pillows it immediately looks fancy.

    Everyone comments on how stylish it looks. I've modelled my bedroom quit similar to the picture as I love the fresh look and it's timeless. I don't wash the bedspread, just go over it with a steam cleaner every now and then to freshen it.

    The pillows that I sleep on wash well but I don't wash them with other items, wash separately and take care when ironing. I leave mine on a flat surface to dry and then hang to let the creases fall out. My top tip is to go over with a hair dryer if creases won't budge! Hope this helps and let me know if you go for it.

    ReplyDelete