5 Jul 2011

Cabbages, Cats and Smelly Farts

Who wants a cabbage? Sorry couldn't find anything smaller.


Ok it may not be the biggest you have ever seen but we planted small seedlings and now we have huge green leaves of the cabbage. It smells so rich and tasty straight from the ground. No supermarket cabbage smells this good, in fact most smell of nothing except the plastic they are wrapped in. A fresh cabbage smells of sunshine and Nan's yummy roast dinners. Unfortunately I cannot excuse the smell they may make from your backside. That may not be one of sunshine.

How to grow cabbages
I like to use biodegradable soil pockets to sow seeds in as it is easy for kids to do, easy for me to do and easy to plant as you just pick up the entire pot and plant it in the ground. I usually get my pockets from ebay. They come in little disc form to which you just add water and watch then expand. Sow a seed into the top and wait.

I'm also getting pretty fed up with the cats peeing over my beans, they are not getting the drink they really need. I've tried eggshells, orange peel and cat scaring ornaments but they aren't phased.

For the smelliest of cabbage related farts, for goodness sake drink more water, less coffee and beer and start exercising. Sorry I'm on about my hubby again.

No comments:

Post a Comment