27 Feb 2012
Eat It: Sweetcorn Fritters
Use your homegrown sweetcorn to make these delicious fritters, ideal for a snack or a light lunch.
1. Place the flour, baking powder, salt, and egg into a food processor and blitz to make a batter.
2. Stir in your home-grown sweetcorn and onions.
3. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and drop in teaspoonfuls of batter. Cook for 1 minute in batches of 5 until golden and then turn and cook on the other side for another minute,
4. Drain on kitchen paper before serving.
5. You can freeze these fritters and re-heat when required. You also substitute some or all of the sweetcorn with other vegetables.
This recipe makes 15 fritters and is courtesy of Annabel Karmel. Eating these contributes to 1 of your 5 a day!